Leaders are generous learners, seeking out new ways to grow while sharing their learning with others.
And podcasts are one of my favorite ways to do this! 🤓
Here are my Top 10 favorite October leadership podcasts that inspired & challenged me.
Read through individually or SPOILER ALERT, you can skip to the end for a curated playlist of all ten!
1. Ted Talks Daily: The secret ingredients of great hospitality
Will Guidara takes us through the power of “unreasonable hospitality.” How do we create extraordinary experiences for those we serve?
👉 Be present.
👉 Don’t take yourself too seriously.
👉 One size fits one.
2. Dare to Lead: Brené with Adam Grant and Simon Sinek on What’s Happening at Work, Part 1 of 2
These three brilliant minds together? WOW!
🤔 What determines a high performer?
🤔 Are our core values aligned with performance reviews?
🤔 What makes a great team?
3. The Greg McKeown Podcast: Anti-Time Management with Richie Norton
Learning how to project-stack & asking yourself, “Am I timing my values instead of valuing my time?” leads to lots of other goodness in this 2-part episode.
4. The Marie Forleo Podcast: 2 Simple Questions That Can Change Your Life
A visualization technique combined with two prompts equals a powerful combo that still has me reflecting and sharing with everyone around.
This one’s quick but mighty.💥
5. The Knowledge Project: Neil Pasricha: Simple Rules for Happiness
The monthly dashboard reflection (as seen by my rough sketch below) is worth the price of admission.
🚥 Self-assess using stoplight colors and adjust for next month when one component is off-balance.
6. At the Table with Patrick Lencioni: Success is Messy
Bad news? Success isn’t linear or clean & maintaining is just as messy.
Good news? Every great team, family, individual is imperfect. Embrace it! Our humanness leads to awesomeness.
7. Lead from the Heart: Alex Budak How To Lead The Change You Want To See In The World?
🌎 Be the leader & change maker the world needs in a way that’s authentic and leads you to where you want to be.
🤩 Hooked yet?
8. Adam Grant‘s ReThinking: Reese Witherspoon on turning imposter syndrome into confidence
🤓 Chase your talents, not your dreams.
👊 If your ego’s bigger than our mission, you don’t belong here.
🤩 Moments of doubt aren’t a sign you lack ability but are more likely that the task is hard.
9. The Greg McKeown Podcast: The Only Business Metric That Matters with Jeremy Utley
💡 Every problem is an idea problem.
💡 How can I generate MORE ideas & then let them incubate before moving too quickly to implementation?
10. Coaching for Leaders with Dave Stachowiak: Gallup’s Insights on Addressing Unhappiness with Jon Clifton
⏳ We spend A LOT of time at work so we need leaders who value wellness and intentionally build connections.
🤩 A great life is through your strengths.
🎧 Want to give these a listen? Check out my Top 10 Leadership Podcasts from October 2022 playlist here.
And once you listen and hear something that resonates with you (because I guarantee you will!), share and tag me!
Together we are brilliant, so I’d love to connect! Share this post by tweeting and tagging me (@me1odystacy) or feel free to start a conversation by commenting below.
Leave a Reply